THROUGH TOM'S EYES, A DISCOVERY OF TRUTH LIGHT AND COLOUR

THROUGH TOM'S EYES, A DISCOVERY OF TRUTH LIGHT AND COLOUR
Official public opening reception July 16th in Partners Hall at the Algonquin Theatre

Saturday, May 5, 2012

My solo show 'REFLECTIONS OF NATURE' opens next Saturday May 12 th. Reception 1:00-4:00 with live music stylings on guitar by Michael Kaye and tasty goodies and refreshments. The Chapel Gallery, Muskoka Arts and Crafts, 15 King Street, Bracebridge. 705.645.5501

I am very excited about this show as it will reveal my inner drive and determination to go beyond just an appreciation of the beauty I see in Nature, to a more compelling message to act now for a greener tomorrow. 


I will have new works created in acrylic, watercolour and pastel along with some of my favourite paintings. I've been experimenting with cross over techniques and paring mediums together such as acrylic with pastel on canvas. This decision has proven to be a good move as these recent paintings are really powerful in their energy.


Another kind of energy will be present at my art show opening and that will be the music stylings of local musician and performer, Michael Kaye. I just met Mike recently by chance and it has proven to be a great connection. I even got to have a solo performance on site at work on my birthday May 1st. How cool is that! He is a wonderful musician and very entertaining so you are in for a real treat when you come to see my art.


There will be refreshments and food goodies lovingly made by me. Hope you can make it out. The show continues until June 9th.


HAPPY SPRING!!
Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment