THROUGH TOM'S EYES, A DISCOVERY OF TRUTH LIGHT AND COLOUR

THROUGH TOM'S EYES, A DISCOVERY OF TRUTH LIGHT AND COLOUR
Official public opening reception July 16th in Partners Hall at the Algonquin Theatre

Sunday, October 9, 2011

RAGGED FALLS-ABLAZE WITH BEAUTIFUL COLOURS

wow!!! Blazing beautiful colours in the most rich hues are painted everywhere you look!! I was up to Ragged Falls recently with a friend for a walk, to see the Fall colours and it was breathtaking...absolutely breathtaking!! The water was at a low level, but the slow moving waters made for stunning reflections. I grew up around the corner from this beautiful place and I still don't take it for granted for a second. Every single time I make a trip up to the Falls I am reminded of the glory of creation and how it all fits together in truly amazing ways. I always say hi to the trees on the way up shaking hands with their branches like a good friend, and saying goodbye until another time when I go. I have my head tilted up to snif all the mist and good stuff floating through the air. The rich earthy smells leave me feeling intoxicated and heady, but completely immersed in the peace of this place. I love climbing over rocks and pools to get to favourite sitting spots to view the Falls,to sit and just "be". The smells, sights and sounds of rushing water calm my spirit and renew my mind, creating in me a renewed sense of place and belonging. There are few places that have an effect on me like this place. Here I feel at one with nature and God's' glorious creation. I respect the environment and every living thing. It is here in this place that those thoughts and feelings were long ago established in childhood and will remain with me always.

I have much to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day. i may not have much according to the worlds view of things, but what I do have is abundant and overflowing-a joy so deep and overwhelming I scarce can contain myself at times. Nothing...nothing will ever take that away, and for that I am rich beyond measure. I am thankful for the love of family and friends, some food in the fridge and a safe place to rest my head at night. My son Jon and I have been through a lot over the years, but nothing can ever break the covenant of love established before he was ever born. I am thankful for my Church family, and the love and care of my spirit filled minister, Ven. Dawn. Thank you to everyone who has touched my life, may you be blessed beyond measure the rest of your days.

I encourage you to take a few moments while out on a walk by yourself to reflect on the many blessings in your life..and give thanks to God for them.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Janine

No comments:

Post a Comment